We’re not here to be the bearers of bad news, but the summer won’t last forever. The oncoming autumn and winter seasons don’t mean that having fun in your Jeep® vehicle has to end, but you just might be inclined to keep the top on and the windows up when you’re tackling the terrain later on in the year. Well here’s some good news: summer weather is still shining and we want to help ensure that you get everything accomplished – from the fun to the practical – as we hit August and near September. So without further ado, here are seven things you must do before the summer ends:
1. Get your Jeep® vehicle dirty… then wash it by hand. How many brands do you know that actually want your vehicle to get muddy and dirty? Put yours to the test by going mudding, crawling, or generally taking your Jeep vehicle where other vehicles don’t dare go. Then, take photos of your dirty Jeep vehicle and post them to our Facebook wall.
2. Top off your vehicle’s fluids. For those in colder climates, it’s imperative that your windshield wiper fluid, antifreeze, and other fluids are full and ready to take on any sudden changes in climate. The weather has been pretty unpredictable this year.
3. Take a weekend road trip. Nothing says “summer” like a good, old-fashioned road trip. So pack up your Jeep Wrangler and head out for a weekend. Bonus points for making it an “off-road trip” and camping.
4. Modify your Jeep brand vehicle. Admit it: you want to tinker around with your vehicle. All Jeep vehicles come standard with capability, but why not check out the accessories and modification kids from Mopar® before the summer ends?
5. Replace your wiper blades. You will likely use your wipers more often in the fall (and especially the winter), so having a fresh set of blades is a must.
6. Sign up for a Jeep® Jamboree. Jeep Jamborees run throughout the year, and if you’ve never participated, why not add one to your 2012 bucket list? Head over to the Jeep Jamboree website for event locations and dates, and prepare to navigate some of America’s toughest (and most fun) trails.
7. Buy a Jeep brand vehicle! It should go without saying that the key to the ultimate summer adventure is having a Jeep brand vehicle. So whether you’re in the market for your first Jeep Wrangler or looking to add a Jeep Compass, Patriot, Liberty, or Grand Cherokee to your vehicle stable, now is the perfect time to visit your local Jeep dealer to take a test drive.