The editors of Four Wheeler magazine tested the vehicle on more than a thousand miles of terrain, including pavement, rocks, gravel, mud, and sand. Then, they made up their minds. The decision is in: The 2013 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Moab Edition is the winner of the Four Wheeler “Four Wheeler of the Year,” the third consecutive year that the Jeep brand has won the award.
The competition featured entries that are entirely new or have substantial mechanical revisions from the previous year. With the Wrangler Unlimited Moab Edition, legendary Jeep capability is taken up a notch with trail-ready accessories and parts that usually belong to the aftermarket crowd. Of note are the upgraded rock rails, an available locking rear differential, winch-capable steel bumpers, and Goodyear Silent Armor off-road tires. You can read our Top 7 Features of the 2013 Jeep Wrangler Moab Edition here.
Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC, said, “The Moab edition recognizes a die-hard off-roading destination Jeep owners love, while providing even more capability, including winch-ready steel bumpers, upgraded rock rails, and a rear locker. We’re especially pleased that the influential Four Wheeler editors put our latest Jeep Wrangler to the test and clearly recognized its capability.”
Four Wheeler’s “Four Wheeler of the Year” award comes on the heels of a slew of awards for the Jeep Wrangler.
- 4×4 of the Year, Petersen’s 4-Wheel & Off-Road magazine (Moab Edition)
- Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com Best Resale Value Award, Compact Utility Vehicle
- Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com Best Resale Value Award, Top 10
- Mid-size SUV of Texas, Texas Auto Writers Association
- Best Off-Road Value, Active Lifestyle Vehicle (ALV) award
- Hottest 4×4 SUV, Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) award