The best get even better. Introduced earlier this year as a special vehicle for the 46th Annual Moab Easter Jeep Safari, the 2013 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is making the leap from a concept to the showrooms this fall – and its capability will wow enthusiasts.
Just how, exactly, can the most awarded SUV and most capable Grand Cherokee get even better? By featuring off-road equipment never before offered on a production Jeep vehicle. Available with a V-6 or V-8 engine, the 2013 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk features capability-enhancing equipment such as:
- 18-inch Goodyear Silent Armor all-terrain tires with Kevlar reinforcement
- Solid steel rock rail body protection
- Quadra-Lift air suspension, with nearly 11 inches of ground clearance
- Selec-Terrain traction control system with five settings: Snow, Rock, Sand/Mud, Sport, and Auto
- Rear Electronic Limited-slip Differential (ELSD, V-8), which can transfer up to 100% of the engine’s torque to one rear wheel in order to keep the Jeep moving forward even in the most extreme situations
- Quadra-Track II or Quadra-Drive II (V-8) with a two-speed transfer case to help conquer the toughest obstacles
Among other unique features are the signature red Trailhawk and Trail Rated badging and tow hooks, black-surround headlamps, and a unique gray on the grille surround, side mirrors, rear light bar, 4 x 4 badge, and five-spoke aluminum wheels. To reduce glare from the sun, a black decal with a red accent stripe adorns the hood. Inside, the Trailhawk features black leather and performance suede seats with red accent stitching and Mopar® slush floor mats.
Look for the limited-edition 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk – available in Bright White, Brilliant Black, Mineral Gray, Maximum Steel, and Deep Cherry Red – in showrooms in October.